Nervous about dentists?
Here at Garden City Dental we are very proud of our long-standing reputation for helping patients who may be apprehensive or nervous about visiting the dentist.
Nothing would give us more satisfaction than helping you overcome your fears and achieve a healthy good looking smile, with the ability to enjoy your favourite foods again.
Patients who came to us because of extreme fear of the dentist subsequently felt confident enough to return for a check up on a regular basis. Fear of the dentist is more common than many people realise, although everyone has a different concern.
- We take time to listen to your concerns so we can come up with an individual solution that will enable you to access the care you need.
- We will never judge or ‘tell you off’. Our only interest is to work with you to sort our your dental issues at your own pace.
- We have specialised equipment to help make treatment more comfortable and keep you in control.
- In addition, we can offer a variety of sedation techniques for those who do not want to be too aware of what is going on.
Don’t take our word for it, check out our reviews on Facebook, Google and Dental Fear Central:
Just want to talk?
Many people find it helpful to have an informal discussion before they attend for the first time. We are more than happy to do this.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring the practice on: 01707 324562, 01707 332733 and ask one of the dentists to call you back for a chat.
Gentle & Pain Free Care
For many patients, bad experiences in the past with a dentist can make the thought of any dental treatment daunting and worrying. A gentle and understanding approach, making sure you are in control and pain free at all times, can help you overcome any anxiety or fears you may have.
Many of our patients have now overcome their fears after many good experiences here, and are happy to attend for regular examinations or treatment.
Hypnosis & Relaxation
- Use of a calm tone of voice and gentle suggestion by the dentist can help many patients become very relaxed and less aware of their surroundings during a dental procedure.
- The level of hypnosis used in dentistry is very safe and you will still be in control.
- For some patients who are anxious about dental treatment, placing a small amount of a sedative drug into the back of the hand or your arm can help you go into a state of deep relaxation, allowing dental treatment to be carried out with a feeling of not being bothered about what is going on.
- During this relaxed state, time can appear to pass very quickly, and once the sedative wears off you will usually not recall much of what happened, with many people remembering nothing at all about the dental procedure.
- For some patients, taking a mild sedative tablet before a dental procedure can help to reduce anxiety to a level where the treatment can be carried out without fear.
- In certain patients, allowing you to breath in ‘laughing gas’ can create a pleasant feeling of being relaxed and happy, allowing treatment to be carried out without fear.
- Acupuncture can be used in some patients to help with dental anxiety, pain or a gag reflex (such as during impressions or when taking x-rays).
- Acupuncture techniques used in dentistry are completely painless.